The EcoNet Controls Z-Wave Vent (EV100) is a controllable Z-Wave vent. While connected to SmartThings, the EcoNet Vent allows you to automate temperature control for each room or shut off airflow to rooms when they are unoccupied. You can even partially close the vent to balance airflow as you see fit.
SmartThings also allows you to automate the vent so it can close when you leave, or it can open up when a door opens. The vent comes in various sizes and colors.
Note: The EcoNet Controls Z-Wave Vent (EV100) is not an officially supported Works with SmartThings device. You can connect it to your SmartThings Classic setup, but performance may vary and we will not be able to provide support or assistance.
To connect the EcoNet Controls Z-Wave Vent in the SmartThings Classic app
First, make sure the battery is installed in the EcoNet Vent. Then, from the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, quickly press the SET button on the EcoNet Vent 3 or more times (within 1.5 seconds)
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the EcoNet Controls Z-Wave Vent
If the EcoNet Vent was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, quickly press the SET button on the EcoNet Vent 3 or more times (within 1.5 seconds)
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the EcoNet EV100 Vent.
To remove the EcoNet Controls Z-Wave Vent from SmartThings
If the EcoNet Vent is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub
For technical specifications and product details, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.
|EcoNet EV100 Vent.pdf||60 KB|