Note: NYCE sensors purchased from Control4 or Lowe's (packaging indicates “Works with Iris”) WILL NOT work with SmartThings. Only NYCE’s HA devices are compatible with SmartThings and can be purchased from Amazon.
The NYCE Door/Window Sensor combines the features of a door/window sensor and a ZigBee radio into one single tiny device. It can alert you if a door, window, or cabinet opens or closes, and it can also trigger lights and alarms to turn on or off using the SmartThings app. The components are tiny but hugely useful.
Note: The NYCE Door/Window Sensor is not an officially supported Works with SmartThings device. You can connect it to your SmartThings Classic setup, but performance may vary and we will not be able to provide support or assistance.
- SmartThings app
- SmartThings Classic app
To connect the NYCE Door/Window Sensor
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select NYCE and Motion sensor or Open/closed sensor
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, pull the battery tab from the device
How to reset the NYCE Door/Window Sensor
If the NYCE Door/Window Sensor didn't connect to the Hub when you removed the pull-tab, reset and connect the device manually. To do this:
- Press the button four (4) times
To connect the NYCE Door/Window Sensor with the SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, pull the battery tab from your NYCE Door/Window Sensor
- If the battery tab has already been removed, slide open the cover of the device and quickly press the small black button next to the battery 4 times
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the NYCE Door/Window Sensor
If the device is having trouble pairing, first ensure that the battery is securely in place. Also make sure the LED light directly underneath the black button lights up green when the button is tapped. If not, replace the battery with a new one.
If you're sure the battery is fresh and perfectly in place, you may need to reset the sensor before it can be connected:
- Slide open the cover of the device
- Quickly press the small black button 10 times
After the device is reset, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the NYCE Door/Window Sensor with SmartThings.