Note: NYCE sensors purchased from Control4 or Lowe's (packaging indicates “Works with Iris”) WILL NOT work with SmartThings. Only NYCE’s HA devices are compatible with SmartThings and can be purchased from Amazon.
The NYCE Door/Window Sensor combines the features of a door/window sensor and a ZigBee radio into one single tiny device. It can alert you if a door, window, or cabinet opens or closes, and it can also trigger lights and alarms to turn on or off using the SmartThings app. The components are tiny but hugely useful.
To connect the NYCE Door/Window Sensor
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select NYCE and Motion sensor or Open/closed sensor
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, pull the battery tab from the device
How to reset the NYCE Door/Window Sensor
If the NYCE Door/Window Sensor didn't connect to the Hub when you removed the pull-tab, reset and connect the device manually. To do this:
- Press the button four (4) times