The GoControl Linear Garage Door Opener lets you remotely open and close almost any sectional garage door. With both audible and visual warnings that trigger prior to remotely activated door movement, the GD00Z-4 meets UL 325-2010 safety requirements. The GD00Z-4 also includes a wireless tilt sensor that attaches to the inside of the garage door and reports whether it is "open" or "closed." This Z-Wave garage door opener provides peace of mind, convenience, security, and safety.
Connect the GD00Z-4 with SmartThings to open or close your garage door from anywhere—perfect for allowing entry for a handyman, or for closing the door if you forgot to. You can also set up automations to open or close the garage door as you arrive and leave home. The GD00Z-4 will act as a Z-Wave repeater for other Z-Wave devices on your SmartThings network.
To connect the GoControl Linear Garage Door Opener (GD00Z-4)
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Linear and touch Garage door
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, press the connect button once
To reset the GoControl Linear Garage Door Opener (GD00Z-4)
If the GoControl Linear Garage Door Opener (GD00Z-4) was not detected, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch Menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- Press the connect button once
When the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the instructions above to connect the GoControl Linear Garage Door Opener (GD00Z-4).