Smart light bulbs: undeniably a bright idea! The GE Link light bulb is a dimmable LED bulb that you can control and monitor from the SmartThings app. When receiving power, this bulb will also act as a signal repeater to extend the range of your ZigBee mesh network.
Note: The GE Link light bulb is NOT officially compatible with SmartThings yet, but you should be able to get this bulb working by following the steps below.
To connect the GE Link LED Bulb with the SmartThings Hub
First, install the bulb in a light socket, with the light switch turned OFF.
Then, in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, turn ON the bulb
- Wait up to 2 minutes for the device to be discovered
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the GE Link LED Bulb
If the GE Link LED Bulb was not discovered, you may need to reset the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this:
- Turn OFF the light for 3 seconds
- Turn ON the light for 3 seconds
- Repeat this process 5 times (OFF for 3 seconds + ON for 3 seconds = 1 time)
- The bulb will then flash once if successfully reset
- After the bulb is reset, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the GE Link LED Bulb (starting with the light switched OFF)
To remove the GE Link LED Bulb from SmartThings
If the GE Link LED Bulb is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal (this cannot be undone)