The Tyco Door/Window Sensor (MCT-340) is a wireless magnetic sensor that communicates with SmartThings via ZigBee. The sensor includes a built-in reed switch (that opens upon removal of the magnet placed near it, triggering open/closed notifications). This door/window sensor also has a tamper switch that activates when the cover is removed.
When you pair the Tyco Door/Window Sensor with SmartThings, you can get near-instant notifications of a door or window being opened unexpectedly. You can also use a door opening as trigger to turn on a light or other small appliance. And that's just for starters.
Note: The Tyco Door/Window Sensor (MCT-340) is compatible with the SmartThings Classic app.
To connect the Tyco Door/Window Sensor with SmartThings
In the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, pull the activation strip from the back of the sensor
- The sensor’s LED blinks 3 times every 5 seconds (repeated up to 20 times) to indicate that the sensor is searching for a connection
To reset the Tyco Door/Window Sensor
If the sensor fails to connect, it may need to be reset:
- Carefully open the sensor’s cover and pull back the clip to remove the battery
- Press and hold the sensor’s tamper switch
- Reinsert the battery (make sure it is positioned correctly)
- Wait 4 seconds, and then release the tamper switch
This will reset the sensor. Follow the first set of instructions above to then connect the sensor with SmartThings.
To remove the Tyco Door/Window Sensor from SmartThings
If the Tyco Door/Window Sensor is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal (this cannot be undone)
|Tyco MCT-340 Manual.pdf||300 KB|
|Visonic Tyco MCT-340-ZB_SS_View.pdf||400 KB|