The GE In-Wall Smart Dimmer (45857GE) is a ZigBee-controlled device (and ZigBee repeater) that allows you to remotely control your lamps and lights. With SmartThings, you can also set up your lights to turn on at a certain time of day, turn off when you leave the home, and dim or brighten according to any number of triggers. You can even monitor and adjust your lights with a touch of a button in the SmartThings app.
Installation of the Smart Dimmer is simple, and it works seamlessly with your home's existing wiring and 2- or 3-way systems.
To connect the GE In-Wall Smart Dimmer with the SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- When the dimmer is powered, it will automatically begin searching for a ZigBee network to pair with. The LED light on the face of the dimmer blinks to indicate the device is searching. If a timeout occurs, the LED stops blinking. To restart the pairing process, press the front-panel push-button
To reset the GE In-Wall Smart Dimmer
If the GE In-Wall Smart Dimmer was not discovered, you may need to reset the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this:
- Lift/pull out the air gap switch at the bottom left of the rocker
- Hold down the on/up button and push in the air gap switch
- Within 4 seconds, release the on/up button
- The LED will blink to indicate the device is reset and ready to pair with a network
- After the device is reset, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the GE In-Wall Smart Dimmer
To remove the GE In-Wall Smart Dimmer from SmartThings
If the GE In-Wall Smart Dimmer is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal (this cannot be undone)
For technical specifications and product details, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.