Yale smart locks, along with the SmartThings Hub, allow you to remotely lock and unlock your door from anywhere. Lock and unlock on a predetermined schedule, trigger notifications when activity happens, or secure the door at your command.
Note: It is recommended to connect your lock with your SmartThings Hub before installing it on the door.
To connect a Z-Wave or ZigBee Yale lock in the SmartThings app
First, make sure the optional Network Module is installed in the Yale lock.
Then, in the SmartThings mobile app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Yale and Door Locks
- Touch Start
- Choose Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, bring the lock within 10 feet of the Hub, then:
- Touch the screen
- Enter the 4-to-8-digit master PIN followed by the # key
- Touch 7 followed by the # or gear key
- When prompted, touch 1 followed by the # or gear key
To reset a Z-Wave Yale lock
If the lock was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings mobile app:
- From the Home screen, touch Menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- When prompted, follow the removal process:
- Touch the screen
- Enter the 4-8 digit master PIN followed by the # key
- Touch 7 followed by the # key
- When prompted, touch 3 followed by the # key
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the lock.
To reset a Zigbee Yale lock
- Begin with the device locked. If needed for touchscreen models, place your palm on the screen to wake it up
- Enter the master PIN code (4-8 digits) followed by the # or gear key
- Press 7 followed by the # or gear key
- Press 3 followed by the # or gear key