A state-of-the-art motion sensor, like the Enerwave Ceiling-Mounted PIR Motion Sensor (ZWN-BPC), is a great addition to any smart home setup. You can connect a motion sensor with other smart devices on your SmartThings network to trigger lights to turn on, an alarm to sound, the thermostat to adjust, or any number of other actions when motion is detected.
The Enerwave Ceiling-Mounted PIR Motion Sensor also indicates when its battery is low, has adjustable PIR sensitivity, and covers a 360-degree view of up to 600 square feet. This motion sensor uses Z-Wave to communicate and is battery powered.
To connect the Enerwave Ceiling-Mounted PIR Motion Sensor with the SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, press and release the program button on the back of the motion sensor. The sensor’s LED will turn on and remain steady for 5 seconds, and then turn off when pairing succeeds
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
If the motion sensor’s LED never lit up, or if the device timed out, try the above connection steps once more. If the motion sensor still does not connect with SmartThings, reset the device using the following instructions.
To reset the Enerwave Ceiling-Mounted PIR Motion Sensor
If the Enerwave Ceiling-Mounted PIR Motion Sensor was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, press and release the program button on the back of the motion sensor. The sensor’s LED will blink 3 times to indicate it was successfully removed
After the app indicates that the device was removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Enerwave Ceiling-Mounted PIR Motion Sensor.
To remove the Enerwave Ceiling-Mounted PIR Motion Sensor from SmartThings
If the Enerwave Ceiling-Mounted PIR Motion Sensor is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub
- Dimensions: 5” x 1.7” x 1.6”
- Power Source: 2 AA batteries
- Operating Temperature: 32°F - 104°F (0°C - 40°C), indoor only
- Communication Protocol: Z-Wave