The Enerwave Magnetic Door/Window Sensor is a Z-Wave device that reports the open/closed status of the door, window, or cabinet it’s attached to. When the magnetic contact is broken, like when a door or window is opened, the sensor will let your SmartThings know.
The Enerwave Magnetic Door/Window Sensor has tons of applications, especially in conjunction with other devices on your SmartThings network: Receive a notification when someone accesses an off-limits area, sound an alarm when a window opens and you’re away from home, turn on a light when you enter a room, and do all sorts of other things!
To connect the Enerwave Magnetic Door/Window Sensor in the SmartThings app
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Enerwave and touch Open/close sensor
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, press the Program button once
To reset the Enerwave Magnetic Door/Window Sensor
If the Enerwave Magnetic Door/Window Sensor was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch Menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- When prompted, press the Program button once
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Enerwave Magnetic Door/Window Sensor.