The Enerwave Magnetic Door/Window Sensor (ZWN-BDS) is a Z-Wave device that reports the open/closed status of the door, window, or cabinet it’s attached to. When the magnetic contact is broken, like when a door or window is opened, the sensor will let your SmartThings know.
The Enerwave Magnetic Door/Window Sensor has tons of applications, especially in conjunction with other devices on your SmartThings network: Receive a notification when someone accesses an off-limits area, sound an alarm when a window opens and you’re away from home, turn on a light when you enter a room, and do all sorts of other things!
To connect the Enerwave Magnetic Door/Window Sensor with the SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, press and release the program button on the back of the sensor once
- Status LED will stay solid for 10 seconds and then turn off when pairing with the Hub succeeds
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the Enerwave Magnetic Door/Window Sensor
If the Enerwave Magnetic Door/Window Sensor was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, press and release the program button on the back of the sensor once
- Status LED will blink 3 times if exclusion is successful
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Enerwave Magnetic Door/Window Sensor.
To remove the Enerwave Magnetic Door/Window Sensor from SmartThings
If the Enerwave Magnetic Door/Window Sensor is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub
For technical specifications and product details, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.