What can you do with a smart wall switch and SmartThings? We are so glad you asked! You can turn on a lamp from your smartphone, remotely control your ceiling fan, and so much more.
The GE In-Wall Smart Switch (45856GE) (ZigBee) easily replaces your old light switch, utilizes your home's existing wiring, and seamlessly integrates with 2- and 3-way systems. This smart switch is a ZigBee device, and it acts as repeater for other ZigBee devices on your network.
To connect the GE In-Wall Smart Switch with the SmartThings Hub
Setting up the GE In-Wall Smart Switch is just about as simple as, well, flipping a switch! Follow the directions below, and you'll be automating your home in no time.
From the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- When the switch is powered, it will automatically begin searching for a ZigBee network to pair with. The LED light on the face of the switch blinks to indicate the device is searching. If a timeout occurs, the LED stops blinking. To restart the pairing process, press the front-panel push-button
To reset the GE In-Wall Smart Switch
If the switch wasn’t discovered, try manually resetting the device. Here's how:
- Quickly tap the top rocker of the switch 10 times
- The LED will start blinking to indicate the switch is searching for a network
After the LED starts blinking, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the switch.
To remove the GE In-Wall Smart Switch from SmartThings
If the GE In-Wall Smart Switch is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal (this cannot be undone)
For technical specifications and product details, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.