These instructions apply to the following ZigBee locks:
- Kwikset SmartCode 910 Series Deadbolt
- Kwikset SmartCode 912 Lever Door Lock
- Kwikset SmartCode 914 Series Deadbolt
- Kwikset SmartCode 916 Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt
Note: The above Kwikset locks are also available in Z-Wave models. Consult the documentation that came with your lock if you’re unsure which communication protocol it uses (ZigBee or Z-Wave).
If needed, follow these instructions for how to connect a Z-Wave Kwikset lock.
To connect a ZigBee Kwikset lock with the SmartThings Hub
Tip: Place the lock within 10-15 feet of the SmartThings Hub during initial pairing.
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, press button “A” on the lock interior 4 times
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset a ZigBee Kwikset lock
If the ZigBee Kwikset lock is not performing as expected, you may need to reset the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
First, remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Tap the device you wish to remove
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal (this cannot be undone)
Next, physically reset the device:
- Press button “B” on the lock interior 9 times
Once reset, the lock is then ready to be reconnected with the SmartThings Hub. Follow the first set of instructions above to connect the ZigBee lock.
For technical specifications and product details, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.