LIFX offers beautiful controllable light bulbs for your home. Connect your LIFX account to SmartThings to enable additional functionality, like turning on your lights when a door opens.
The following LIFX bulbs can be connected to SmartThings:
- LIFX Original A21 Wi-Fi Smart LED Light Bulb: This light bulb gives you the ability to completely personalize your environment. With 16 million colors and 1,000 shades of white, this bulb lets you choose your light like you choose your music, setting the tone for your mood. Increase productivity and concentration with deep blue, or wind down to warm red light.
- LIFX White 800 A19 Wi-Fi Smart LED Light Bulb: This is the first adjustable white Wi-Fi LED light bulb with the power to choose from a full range of vibrant warm to cool whites—all in a single bulb.
- LIFX Color 1000 Wi-Fi LED Smart Bulb: With millions of colors, 1,000 shades of white, and built-in Wi-Fi technology, this smart light bulb allows you to totally transform your home. Create a personalized environment with unique color lighting schemes that you can instantly adjust with the touch of a button.
Connect a compatible LIFX light bulb in the SmartThings app
To get started, install the LIFX bulb in the appropriate light fixture and turn it on.
Finally, connect the light bulb to SmartThings:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select LIFX and Lighting
- Choose a Location for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- Log into your LIFX account and authorize SmartThings to access your bulb(s)
- Tap Done
How to control connected LIFX bulbs
After connecting your LIFX bulbs, you can manually control them from the Devices view of the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap Devices
- Select the device
You can also create Automations to control your LIFX bulbs. Click here to learn more about creating Automations in the SmartThings app.
For technical specifications and product details, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.