Connect the SmartThings Outlet to control lights, electronics, and small appliances from anywhere, or set them to turn on and off at different times of the day.
Note: The SmartThings Outlet also works as a repeater for other Zigbee devices.
If you're unsure about which version of the SmartThings Outlet you own, click here.
Connect the SmartThings Outlet
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select SmartThings, touch Outlet, and then Outlet (IM6001-OTP)
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches:
- Plug the Outlet into a wall socket
- Scan the code on the back of the device
Requires a SmartThings Hub or compatible device with SmartThings Hub functionality.
How to remove the SmartThings Outlet from the SmartThings Hub
If the SmartThings outlet is not performing as expected, you may need to reset the device and/or remove and reconnect the device with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device from the SmartThings App:
- From the Home screen, select Menu () and touch Devices
- Select More Options () and touch Edit
- Select the device and touch Delete device
- Touch Delete to confirm
Reset the SmartThings Outlet
If the SmartThings Outlet didn't connect to the Hub when you removed the pull-tab, reset and connect the device manually. To do this:
- Hold the connect button for five (5) seconds
- Release the button when the LED flashes blue 3 times
- The LED will blink red and green while attempting to connect
- Use the SmartThings app and steps detailed above to reconnect your Outlet.
|IOT_US_Outlet(B Type).pdf||100 KB|