Connect the SmartThings Outlet to control lights, electronics, and small appliances from anywhere, or set them to turn on and off at different times of the day.
Note: The SmartThings Outlet also works as a repeater for other Zigbee devices.
If you're unsure about which version of the SmartThings Outlet you own, click here.
- SmartThings app
- SmartThings Classic app
Connect the SmartThings Outlet
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select SmartThings, touch Outlet, and then Outlet (IM6001-OTP)
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches:
- Plug the Outlet into a wall socket
- Scan the code on the back of the device
Requires a SmartThings Hub or compatible device with SmartThings Hub functionality.
How to connect the SmartThings Outlet in the SmartThings Classic app
Follow the instructions below or consult the Outlet’s Quick-Start Guide at the bottom of this article.
In the SmartThings Classic mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, plug the outlet into a wall socket
Reset the SmartThings Outlet
If the SmartThings Outlet didn't connect to the Hub when you removed the pull-tab, reset and connect the device manually. To do this:
- Hold the connect button for five (5) seconds
- Release the button when the LED flashes blue 3 times
- The LED will blink red and green while attempting to connect
- Use the SmartThings app and steps detailed above to reconnect your Outlet.
For more information about compatibility, detailed product information, and technical specifications, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.
|IOT_US_Outlet(B Type).pdf||100 KB|