The Aeotec MultiSensor is a battery-powered, all-in-one Z-Wave motion, temperature, humidity, and lighting sensor–rated for both indoor and outdoor use! The MultiSensor 6 is also equipped with a UV sensor.
This article will tell you how to connect the Aeotec MultiSensor with the SmartThings Hub.
To connect the Aeotec MultiSensor Sensor to the SmartThings app
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Aeotec and touch Motion sensor
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, press the button once
To reset the Aeotec MultiSensor
If the Aeotec MultiSensor was not detected, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch Menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave Utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- When prompted, press the button once
When the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the instructions above to connect the Aeotec MultiSensor.