The Sengled Element Touch is a smart LED bulb with easily adjustable color temperatures, ranging from warm to cool white (2700K - 3300K). This ZigBee bulb can be controlled via a button on the device itself or wirelessly via SmartThings. Use the Element Touch with SmartThings and other connected devices to automate your lighting on a schedule, or turn the bulb on and off in response to activity around the house.
This A19 bulb fits standard light fixtures, lasts up to 25,000 hours, and provides 800 lumens of light. In addition, the Sengled Element Touch is compatible with most wall dimmers and will not flicker. It really is a bright bulb!
How to connect the Sengled Element Touch with the SmartThings Hub
First, install the light bulb:
- Turn OFF the switch to the light fixture prior to installing the bulb
- Screw in the Element Touch light bulb (fits standard E26 light sockets)
- Turn ON the light switch
The bulb will indicate it is in pairing mode by subtly pulsing. It will remain in pairing mode for 3 minutes. While the bulb is in pairing mode, connect it with SmartThings. (If needed, reset the bulb to re-enter pairing mode.)
Next, in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the bulb is in pairing mode, the Hub should automatically discover it within moments
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
How to reset the Sengled Element Touch
To re-initiate pairing mode, reset the bulb.
Or, if the bulb is connected with SmartThings but is not performing as expected, remove the device via the SmartThings app, reset the device, and then reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Tap the device you wish to remove
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal (this cannot be undone)
To physically reset the device:
- Press and hold the button on the bulb for 20 seconds
- The bulb will blink 5 times, followed by a subtle pulsing to indicate it is in pairing mode
Once reset, the bulb is then ready to be connected with the SmartThings Hub. Follow the first set of instructions above to connect the bulb.
For technical specifications and product details, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.