The Dragon Tech In-Wall devices work to control incandescent, fluorescent (CFL), and LED lighting, as well as connected appliances. Never accidentally leave a light on when you’re away from home—switch it off from anywhere with Dragon Tech and SmartThings. You can turn your lights on or off from your phone, or configure them to automatically adjust according to your schedule.
Note: This device is compatible with the SmartThings Classic app.
This article will tell you how to connect the following Dragon Tech devices with the SmartThings Hub:
To connect the Dragon Tech device with the SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, tap the top (ON) rocker of the switch once
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset/exclude the Dragon Tech device
If the Dragon Tech device was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- Tap the top (ON) rocker of the switch once
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Dragon Tech device.
To manually reset the Dragon Tech device
If connection or removal repeatedly fails, the device may need to be manually reset. To physically reset the switch:
- Quickly tap the top (ON) rocker of the switch 3 times
- Quickly tap the bottom (OFF) rocker of the switch 3 times
- The LED indicator will blink to indicate the switch was successfully reset
After the device is manually reset, follow the steps indicated above to connect or exclude the device. Note that manually resetting the switch does not remove or exclude the device from a network.