The GoControl Door/Window Sensor is a wireless device that easily attaches to a door, window, cabinet, safe, or drawer. When that door opens or closes, the sensor will instantly notify you via SmartThings. You can also set up preconfigured alarms and automations to occur based on the sensor’s activity.
To connect the GoControl Door/Window Sensor in the SmartThings app
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select GoControl and touch Open/closed sensor
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, press the button once
To reset the GoControl Door/Window Sensor
If the GoControl Door/Window Sensor was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch Menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- Press the button once
When the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the instructions above to connect the GoControl Door/Window Sensor.