With Arlo Cameras, you can enjoy event-based video clip recording through SmartThings Home Monitor and live streaming video within SmartThings.
Arlo Cameras that work with SmartThings
This article will tell you how to connect the following Arlo cameras with SmartThings:
- Arlo Wire-free HD Security Camera*
- Arlo Wire-free Pro HD Security Camera*
- Arlo Q HD Security Camera
- Arlo Q Plus HD Security Camera
- Arlo Wire-Free Pro 2
*Note: An Arlo base station is required to connect the Arlo Wire-free and Arlo Wire-free Pro cameras with SmartThings. Also, all Arlo devices must have the latest Arlo firmware for complete functionality within SmartThings.
Connect the Arlo Camera to the SmartThings app
1. Set up an Arlo account
2. Install the Arlo Camera
Follow the Arlo Camera user’s guide to install the camera and connect it to Wi-Fi.
Note: The base station is required to connect the Arlo Wire-free and Arlo Wire-free Pro cameras with SmartThings.
3. Connect the camera through the SmartThings app
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Arlo and Camera or Lighting
- Choose a Location for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- Tap Authorize Connection to Arlo
- Enter your Arlo email address and password and tap Sign in
- Accept the agreement to connect your Arlo account with SmartThings by tapping Accept
- Tap Done to choose which cameras to add to SmartThings
- Select the camera(s) you wish to connect with SmartThings and tap Done
- Tap Done again to complete setup
Connect additional Arlo Cameras
Tip: If you previously connected a Arlo Camera with SmartThings and later install another camera, follow these steps to set up the new camera with SmartThings:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Add device
- Touch the down arrow to Add device manually
- Select Camera and touch Arlo
- Touch Use these Arlo cameras
- Select the new camera(s) you wish to connect with SmartThings and tap Done
- Tap Done again to save
How do the different Arlo Cameras compare?
|Arlo Wire-free||Arlo Wire-free Pro||Arlo Q||Arlo Q Plus|
|Live streaming||5-minute timeout
to conserve battery
when battery powered
|Siren||Included in Pro Base Station|
|Field of view||110°||130°||130°||130°|
|Requires Arlo Base Station||Original Base Station only||Original or Pro Base Station|
|Required power||Four CR123 batteries||Rechargeable battery & charger
OR included cable
|Included cable||Power over Ethernet|
|External storage||USB ports in Pro Base Station||Micro SD card|
For more information about compatibility, detailed product information, and technical specifications, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.