Scout Alarm offers 24/7 professional monitoring for SmartThings users via Smart Home Monitor.
If an open/closed sensor or motion sensor configured under Security alarms is triggered, Scout Alarm Professional Monitoring will be notified. Scout covers only Security/intrusion alarms at this time; Scout does not currently monitor or dispatch for fire/CO (Smoke), Leaks, or Custom alarms.
To add Scout Alarm Professional Monitoring to SmartThings, in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Go to the Dashboard
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Scout Alarm under Professionally Monitored Service
- Tap Scout Alarm Registration to register
- Enter your information under Account, Address, Emergency contact, and Location access. For Location access:
- Enter your pass code(s), then tap ADD
- Enter any relevant information under Police Instructions
- Tap NEXT - CHOOSE A PLAN
- Choose a monitoring plan
- Enter your billing information
- Tap Submit
After submitting your information, you will receive an email requesting that you digitally sign the Scout Alarm Professional Monitoring Agreement. Your monitoring plan will remain in test mode for at least 72 hours or longer until the monitoring agreement has been signed. Once the agreement is digitally signed, Scout Alarm Professional Monitoring will be enabled on your SmartThings system.
If you have further questions about signing up for, using, or troubleshooting Scout Alarm, follow the links below or contact Scout Alarm directly.
- Scout Alarm and SmartThings: Overview, Promotions
- Scout Alarm and SmartThings: Setup, FAQ
- Scout Alarm: General FAQ