The Leak Gopher Z-Wave Valve Control works with SmartThings and your connected water sensors to stop a flood in its tracks. When any of your water leak sensors get wet, your SmartThings Hub will tell the Leak Gopher to shut off its water valve. You can also configure the Leak Gopher to turn off the water while you’re away on vacation or when the temperature changes.
To connect the Leak Gopher with the SmartThings Hub
1. Power the Leak Gopher Z-Wave Valve Control
- Plug the wall cube power adapter (included) into the receptacle marked “3.6 VDC” on the bottom of the Leak Gopher Z-Wave Valve control
- Plug the power adapter into a 110 VAC outlet
2. Connect the Leak Gopher through the SmartThings app
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, press the Z-Wave button located below the OFF button
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the Leak Gopher
If the Leak Gopher was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- Press the Z-Wave button located below the OFF button
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Leak Gopher.
For more information about compatibility, detailed product information, and technical specifications, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.