Leviton ZigBee devices allow for convenient wireless control of LED, incandescent, and fluorescent lighting loads. With Leviton switches and SmartThings, you can schedule and automate your lights to turn on or off when you leave home, when there's motion in the hallway, when the sun sets, and so much more.
This article will tell you how to connect the following Leviton ZigBee devices with the SmartThings Hub:
- Leviton Lumina Receiver Switch (ZSS10-N0Z) (pictured above)
- Leviton Lumina Decora Wall Switch (ZSS10-G0Z)
- Leviton Lumina RF Switch (DL15S-1BZ)
- Leviton Lumina RF Dimmer (DL1KD-1BZ)
- Leviton Lumina RF Dimmer (DL6HD-1BZ)
- Leviton Lumina RF Plug-In Dimmer (DL3HL-1BW)
- Leviton Lumina RF Plug-In Outlet (DL15A-1BW)
Note: If you have the Leviton Wireless Load Control Module (73A00-3ZB), follow these instructions here. If you have a Leviton Z-Wave device, follow these instructions for how to connect a Leviton Z-Wave device. Consult the documentation that came with your device if you’re unsure which communication protocol it uses (ZigBee or Z-Wave).
To connect the Leviton ZigBee switch with the SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches:
- For in-wall models ZSS10-N0Z and ZSS10-G0Z, press down and hold the switch’s bottom (OFF) rocker for 10 seconds, then release. Then hold the bottom rocker again for 5 seconds, until the switch’s indicator light blinks red
- For in-wall models DL15S, DL1KD, and DL6HD, hold the top push pad for 7 seconds until the LED blinks amber. Then press the top push pad once
- For outlets or plug-in modules, hold the button for 7 seconds until the LED blinks amber. Then press the button once
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the Leviton ZigBee switch
If the Leviton ZigBee switch is not performing as expected, you may need to reset the device and/or remove and reconnect the device with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal (this cannot be undone)
To physically reset the device:
- For in-wall models ZSS10-N0Z and ZSS10-G0Z, press down and hold the switch’s bottom (OFF) rocker for 10 seconds. Then tap the bottom rocker 4 times (5 LED blinks). Hold the bottom rocker for 5 seconds (when released a red LED will blink). Last, hold the top rocker (ON) for 5 seconds
- For in-wall models DL15S, DL1KD, and DL6HD, hold the top push pad for 14 seconds until the LED flashes red/amber and then release
- For outlets or plug-in modules, hold the button for 14 seconds until the LED flashes red/amber and then release
Once reset, the Leviton ZigBee switch is then ready to be connected with the SmartThings Hub. Follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Leviton ZigBee switch.
For technical specifications and product details, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.