The Jasco Z-Wave Hinge Pin Door Sensor is a Z-Wave open/close sensor that you can install seamlessly into your door’s hinges—it’s almost invisible and great for minimalist design. Connect it to your SmartThings Hub to monitor the comings and goings in your home and trigger lights, sirens, and more!
Connect the Jasco Z-Wave Hinge Pin Door Sensor in the SmartThings app
During initial connection with the SmartThings Hub, the Jasco Z-Wave Hinge Pin Door Sensor should be within 15 feet of the Hub. After successful connection, the Hinge Pin Door Sensor can then be moved to the desired location.
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Jasco
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, press the button once
To reset the Jasco Z-Wave Hinge Pin Door Sensor
If the Jasco Z-Wave Hinge Pin Door Sensor was not detected, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch Menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- Press the button once
When the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the instructions above to connect the Jasco Z-Wave Hinge Pin Door Sensor.