The FortrezZ MIMOlite is a Z-Wave wireless interface bridge module for converting wired or wireless input to wired or wireless output. With SmartThings, you can use it as a relay switch to control your garage door from your phone wherever you are!
Note: The FortrezZ MIMOlite is compatible with the SmartThings Classic app.
To connect the FortrezZ MIMOlite with the SmartThings Hub
First, power the device.
Then, in the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- If the LED has a periodic single blink, the Hub should automatically discover the powered device within a few minutes
- If the device is not automatically found, press the button on the MIMOlite once
- The MIMOlite’s status LED will flash when pairing completes
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the FortrezZ MIMOlite
If the FortrezZ MIMOlite was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this, in the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)
- Tap the Hub
- Tap Z-Wave Utilities
- Tap General Device Exclusion
- When prompted, press the button on the MIMOlite’s once
- The MIMOlite’s status LED will flash when removal completes
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the FortrezZ MIMOlite.
To remove the FortrezZ MIMOlite from SmartThings
If the FortrezZ MIMOlite is connected but not operating as normal, you may need to remove the device and reconnect it with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal
- When prompted, perform the exclusion procedure to remove the device from the mobile app and from the SmartThings Hub
- Communication Protocol: Z-Wave
- Enclosure Size: 3 3/8" x 2 1/2" x 1 1/4” (85 x 64 x 30mm)
- Weight: 4 ounces
- Model Number: SSA1
|User Manual MIMOlite.pdf||2 MB|