The iHome SmartPlugs are Wi-Fi enabled plugs that allow you to control lamps, small appliances, electronics, and more! Automate your iHome SmartPlug to your preference with SmartThings. The iHome SmartPlug also responds to Siri voice commands given on a device using iOS 8 or higher.
Connect the iHome SmartPlug in the SmartThings app
1. Set up an iHome Control account
2. Install the iHome SmartPlug
Follow the iHome SmartPlug Quick Start Guide to install the plug and connect it to Wi-Fi.
3. Connect the iHome SmartPlug through the SmartThings app
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select iHome and Outlet
- Choose a Location for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- Tap Connect your iHome Account
- Tap the field that says Connect your iHome account and enter your iHome Control credentials (username and password)
- Tap Login and grant SmartThings permission to access your iHome Control devices by tapping Authorize
Connect additional iHome SmartPlugs
If you previously connected an iHome SmartPlug with SmartThings and later install another plug, SmartThings will automatically pull your new device from your iHome account.
To add additional iHome SmartPlugs to SmartThings after initial setup, use the official iHome app.