The Aeotec Door/Window Sensor is perfect for monitoring comings and goings. It's a magnetic contact sensor you can use to monitor the opening and closing of doors, windows, and cabinets. This Z-Wave device can also be triggered to turn on and off lights or alarms, using the magic of SmartThings.
This article will tell you how to connect the Aeotec Door/Window Sensors with the SmartThings Hub.
For more information about compatibility, detailed product information, and technical specifications, visit our products page here.
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Aeotec and touch Open/closed sensor
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, press the "Action" button once
To reset Aeotec Door/Window Sensors
If the Aeotec Door/Window Sensor was not detected, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- Press the "Action" button once
When the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the instructions above to connect the Aeotec Door/Window Sensor.
|Door Window Sensor Gen5 manual.pdf||800 KB|