The SmartThings Motion Sensor allows you to protect your home by triggering alerts if there's unexpected motion, keeping you and your family safe. Once the sensor is set up and connected, you can set up Automations to tell the lights to turn on and off as you come and go or set your thermostat based on the motion or temperature readings.
If you're unsure about which version of the SmartThings Motion Sensor you own, click here.
Connect the SmartThings Motion Sensor
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and Device
- Select SmartThings, touch Motion sensor, and then Motion Sensor (IM6001-MTP)
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches:
- Pull the “Remove when Connecting” tab found in the sensor
- Scan the code on the back of the device
Requires a SmartThings Hub or compatible device with SmartThings Hub functionality.
How to remove the Motion Sensor from the SmartThings Hub
If the motion sensor is not performing as expected, you may need to reset the device and/or remove and reconnect the device with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device from the SmartThings App:
- From the Home screen, select Menu () and touch Devices
- Select More Options () and touch Edit
- Select the device and touch Delete device
- Touch Delete to confirm
Reset the SmartThings Motion Sensor
If the SmartThings Motion Sensor didn't connect to the Hub when you removed the pull-tab, reset and connect the device manually. To do this:
- Hold the recessed connect button for five (5) seconds
- Release the button when the LED starts blinking red
- The LED will blink red and green while attempting to connect
- Use the SmartThings app and steps detailed above to reconnect your Motion Sensor.
|IOT_US_Motion Sensor_QSG.pdf||90 KB|