The SmartThings Arrival Sensor lets you stay connected to people, pets, and even cars by notifying you when they arrive and leave home. You can also trigger other smart devices to perform different actions when the Arrival Sensor comes in and out of the range of the SmartThings Hub: automatically turn the lights on or off, lock or unlock the front door, adjust the thermostat, and more. If you misplace your keys, the Arrival Sensor can even beep to guide you to the key ring it’s on.
With the SmartThings Arrival Sensor, you will always know when your loved ones are at home safe and sound, giving the whole family peace of mind.
How to connect the SmartThings Arrival Sensor in the SmartThings app
Note: In order to use the SmartThings app to control the SmartThings Arrival Sensor, a SmartThings Hub is required.
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select SmartThings and touch Presence sensor
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, pull the “Remove when Connecting” tab found in the sensor
How to reset the SmartThings Arrival Sensor
If the SmartThings Arrival Sensor didn't connect to the Hub when you removed the pull-tab, reset, and connect the device manually. To do this:
- Remove the cover
- Hold the connect button for five (5) seconds
- Release the button when the LED starts blinking red