The SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor is great for monitoring doors, windows, cabinets, or any off-limits area. With Automations, this sensor can trigger alerts, tell the lights to turn on and off, or set your thermostat based on the built-in temperature sensor.
Connect the SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select SmartThings, touch Multipurpose sensor, and then Multipurpose Sensor (IM6001-MPP)
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches:
- Pull the “Remove when Connecting” tab found in the sensor
- Scan the code on the back of the device
Requires a SmartThings Hub or compatible device with SmartThings Hub functionality.
How to remove the Multipurpose Sensor from the SmartThings Hub
If the Multipurpose Sensor is not performing as expected, you may need to reset the device and/or remove and reconnect the device with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device from the SmartThings App:
- From the Home screen, select Menu () and touch Devices
- Select More Options () and touch Edit
- Select the device and touch Delete device
- Touch Delete to confirm
Reset the SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor
If the SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor didn't connect to the Hub when you removed the pull-tab, reset and connect the device manually. To do this:
- Hold the recessed connect button for five (5) seconds
- Release the button when the LED starts blinking red
- The LED will blink red and green while attempting to connect
- Use the SmartThings app and steps detailed above to reconnect your Multipurpose Sensor.
For more information about compatibility, detailed product information, and technical specifications, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.
Find warranty information here.
|IOT_US_Multipurpose Sensor_QSG.pdf||100 KB|