The SmartThings Water Leak Sensor can catch leaks right away and help save your home from water damage. Receive an immediate alert on your phone at the first sign of a leak with SmartThings Home Monitor.
If you're unsure about which version of the SmartThings Water Leak Sensor you own, click here.
- SmartThings app
- SmartThings Classic app
Connect the SmartThings Water Leak Sensor
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select SmartThings, touch Water leak sensor, and then Water Leak Sensor (IM6001-WLP)
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches:
- Pull the “Remove when Connecting” tab found in the sensor
- Scan the code on the back of the device
Requires a SmartThings Hub or compatible device with SmartThings Hub functionality.
How to connect the SmartThings Water Leak Sensor in the SmartThings Classic app
In the SmartThings Classic mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, move the Water Leak Sensor within 15 feet of the Hub and pull the battery tab on the sensor
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
Reset the SmartThings Water Leak Sensor
If the SmartThings Water Leak Sensor didn't connect to the Hub when you removed the pull-tab, reset and connect the device manually. To do this:
- Hold the connect button for five (5) seconds
- Release the button when the LED starts blinking red
- The LED will blink red and green while attempting to connect
- Use the SmartThings app and steps detailed above to reconnect your Water Leak Sensor.
For more information about compatibility, detailed product information, and technical specifications, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.
|IOT_US_Water Leak Sensor_QSG.pdf||100 KB|