The SmartThings Water Leak Sensor can catch leaks right away and help save your home from water damage. Receive an immediate alert on your phone at the first sign of a leak with SmartThings Home Monitor.
If you're unsure about which version of the SmartThings Water Leak Sensor you own, click here.
Connect the SmartThings Water Leak Sensor
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select SmartThings, touch Water leak sensor, and then Water Leak Sensor (IM6001-WLP)
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches:
- Pull the “Remove when Connecting” tab found in the sensor
- Scan the code on the back of the device
Requires a SmartThings Hub or compatible device with SmartThings Hub functionality.
How to remove the Water Leak Sensor from the SmartThings Hub
If the water leak sensor is not performing as expected, you may need to reset the device and/or remove and reconnect the device with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device from the SmartThings App:
- From the Home screen, select Menu () and touch Devices
- Select More Options () and touch Edit
- Select the device and touch Delete device
- Touch Delete to confirm
Reset the SmartThings Water Leak Sensor
If the SmartThings Water Leak Sensor didn't connect to the Hub when you removed the pull-tab, reset and connect the device manually. To do this:
- Hold the connect button for five (5) seconds
- Release the button when the LED starts blinking red
- The LED will blink red and green while attempting to connect
- Use the SmartThings app and steps detailed above to reconnect your Water Leak Sensor.
|IOT_US_Water Leak Sensor_QSG.pdf||100 KB|