The Leviton Wireless Load Control Module (73A00-3ZB) is a ZigBee switch rated for outdoor use that can be connected with SmartThings to control water heaters, pool pumps, outdoor fountains, air conditioners, lighting, and more!
Note: If you have a different Leviton ZigBee device, follow these instructions for how to connect a Leviton ZigBee device. If you have a Leviton Z-Wave device, follow these instructions for how to connect a Leviton Z-Wave device. Consult the documentation that came with your device if you’re unsure which communication protocol it uses (ZigBee or Z-Wave).
To connect the Leviton Wireless Load Control Module with the SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, place the provided magnet along the top of the device (as shown in the picture) for 5+ seconds until the LED indicator begins to blink rapidly
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap Ok to confirm
To reset the Leviton Wireless Load Control Module
If the Leviton Wireless Load Control Module is not performing as expected, you may need to reset the device and/or remove and reconnect the device with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal (this cannot be undone)
To physically reset the device:
- Place the provided magnet along the top of the device for 6-8 seconds
- Remove the magnet for 6-8 seconds
- Place the magnet along the top of the device again for 6-8 seconds
Once reset, the Leviton Wireless Load Control Module is then ready to be connected with the SmartThings Hub. Follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Leviton Wireless Load Control Module.
For more information about compatibility, detailed product information, and technical specifications, visit our products page here.