The Iris Contact Sensor (690400) can help keep an eye on the perimeter of your smart home. Along with SmartThings, this ZigBee contact sensor can monitor a door or window, send notifications if it opens or closes unexpectedly, and also trigger other SmartThings devices, like lights or sirens.
Note: This device is compatible with the SmartThings Classic app.
To connect the Iris Contact Sensor with the SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say, Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, remove the battery tab labeled “Remove to Pair”
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap OK to confirm
To reset the Iris Contact Sensor
If the Iris Contact Sensor is not performing as expected, you may need to reset the device and/or remove and reconnect the device with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal (this cannot be undone)
To physically reset the device:
- Remove the battery
- Insert a paperclip into the reset hole on the side of the device
- While holding down the reset button, reinsert the battery
Once reset, the Iris Contact Sensor is ready to be connected with the SmartThings Hub. Follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Iris Contact Sensor. When the Hub is searching, the device should be automatically discovered within a couple of minutes.