The Iris Motion Sensor (690402) can help keep an eye on your smart home. Along with SmartThings, this ZigBee motion sensor can send notifications when there is unexpected motion and can trigger other SmartThings devices, like lights, cameras, and more.
To connect the Iris Motion Sensor with the SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Iris and touch Motion sensor
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, pull the battery tab from the device
To reset the Iris Motion Sensor
If the Iris Motion Sensor is not performing as expected, you may need to reset the device and/or remove and reconnect the device with the SmartThings Hub. To reset the device:
- Remove the battery
- Hold the reset button while re-inserting the battery
Once reset, the Iris Motion Sensor is ready to be connected with the SmartThings Hub. Follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Iris Motion Sensor. When the Hub is searching, the device should be automatically discovered within a couple of minutes.