This small Iris Smart Fob (690405) acts as a remote that can be used with your other SmartThings. The four programmable buttons can trigger a variety of actions of your choosing, such as turning on lights or music, locking doors, and arming Smart Home Monitor. Note: The Iris Smart Fob does not act as a presence sensor with SmartThings and must be within range of the Hub to use the buttons.
Note: This device is compatible with the SmartThings Classic app.
To connect the Iris Smart Fob with the SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say, Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, insert the battery so that the plus sign is facing you. Close the battery door and tighten using either your fingernails or a coin
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap OK to confirm
To reset the Iris Smart Fob
If the Iris Smart Fob is not performing as expected, you may need to reset the device and/or remove and reconnect the device with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings Classic app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal (this cannot be undone)
To physically reset the device:
- Remove and replace battery
- Within 10 seconds, press any of the buttons 5 times
Once reset, the Iris Smart Fob is ready to be connected with the SmartThings Hub. Follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Iris Smart Fob. When the Hub is searching, the device should be automatically discovered within a couple of minutes.