The Iris Indoor Smart Water Sensor (782303) can monitor your home and notify you right away if it detects unexpected water, potentially saving you hundreds or even thousands of dollars in damages in the event of a leak or flood. Place it in your basement, under your sink, or beneath your water heater for some peace of mind!
To connect the Iris Indoor Smart Water Sensor in the SmartThings app
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Iris and touch Water leak sensor
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches pull the “Remove to Pair” tab found in the sensor
To reset the Iris Indoor Smart Water Sensor
If the Iris Indoor Smart Water Sensor is not performing as expected, you may need to reset the device and/or remove and reconnect the device with the SmartThings Hub. To reset the device:
- Remove the battery
- Hold the reset button while re-inserting the battery
Once reset, the Iris Indoor Smart Water Sensor is ready to be connected with the SmartThings Hub. Follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Iris Indoor Smart Water Sensor. When the Hub is searching, the device should be automatically discovered within a couple of minutes.