The Iris Indoor Smart Water Sensor (782303) can monitor your home and notify you right away if it detects unexpected water, potentially saving you hundreds or even thousands of dollars in damages in the event of a leak or flood. Place it in your basement, under your sink, or beneath your water heater for some peace of mind!
To connect the Iris Indoor Smart Water Sensor with the SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say, Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, remove the battery tab labeled “Remove to Pair”
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
- Tap the device to rename it and tap Done
- When finished, tap Save
- Tap OK to confirm
To reset the Iris Indoor Smart Water Sensor
If the Iris Indoor Smart Water Sensor is not performing as expected, you may need to reset the device and/or remove and reconnect the device with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device via the SmartThings app:
- Tap My Home
- Tap Things
- Select the device
- Tap the gear icon
- Tap Remove
- Confirm removal (this cannot be undone)
To physically reset the device:
- Remove the battery
- Press and hold the reset button while reinserting the battery
Once reset, the Iris Indoor Smart Water Sensor is ready to be connected with the SmartThings Hub. Follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Iris Indoor Smart Water Sensor. When the Hub is searching, the device should be automatically discovered within a couple of minutes.