The FIBARO Wall Plug is a remotely controlled plug-in switch with a built-in feature to measure power and energy consumption. It changes the color of the seamless crystal LED ring, informing you about the current load of the connected appliance with just a glance. It’s also equipped with a USB charging port discreetly located on the side that also measures power consumption independently from the plug load.
How to connect the Fibaro Wall Plug in the SmartThings app
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Add device
- Select Fibaro and touch Outlet
- Choose a Hub for the device and touch Next
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, quickly press the button on the Wall Plug three times
How to reset the Fibaro Wall Plug
If the Fibaro Wall Plug was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings mobile app:
- From the Home screen, touch Menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- When prompted, quickly press the button on the Wall Plug three times
When the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Fibaro Wall Plug.