If you are experiencing issues with your SmartThings Wifi or Samsung Connect Home, you can perform a test at home to verify that the issue is not hardware related.
To perform the hardware test:
- Disconnect the power and ethernet cables from the device (Note: If you have sub Hubs connected as well, do not unplug them)
- Reconnect only the power cable
- Wait for the LED to blink red/green (Note: If your Connect Home has already been set up, wait for the LED to blink green)
- Using a small tool, press the reset button for 3 seconds
- The test will begin once the LED blinks blue 3 times
The LED will begin blinking green as it checks the hardware. If the LED begins blinking red, blue, and green repeatedly, the device has passed the hardware test. If the LED begins blinking red repeatedly, the device has failed the hardware test.
If your SmartThings Wifi or Samsung Connect Home failed the hardware test or you're still having issues, please reach out to our support team.