The SmartThings Button can control multiple lights, electronics, and small appliances to turn on and off. Customize actions with a single tap, double tap, or long press and the built-in temperature sensor.
Connect the SmartThings Button
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select SmartThings and Remote/Button
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches:
- Pull the “Remove when Connecting” tab found in the sensor
- Scan the code on the back of the device
Requires a SmartThings Hub or compatible device with SmartThings Hub functionality.
How to remove the SmartThings Button from the SmartThings Hub
If the SmartThings button is not performing as expected, you may need to reset the device and/or remove and reconnect the device with the SmartThings Hub.
To remove the device from the SmartThings App:
- From the Home screen, select Menu () and touch Devices
- Select More Options () and touch Edit
- Select the device and touch Delete device
- Touch Delete to confirm
Reset the SmartThings Button
If the SmartThings Button didn't connect to the Hub when you removed the pull-tab, reset and connect the device manually. To do this:
- Hold the recessed connect button for five (5) seconds
- Release the button when the LED starts blinking red
- The LED will blink red and green while attempting to connect
- Use the SmartThings app and steps detailed above to reconnect your Button.