The SmartThings Button can control multiple lights, electronics, and small appliances to turn on and off. Customize actions with a single tap, double tap, or long press and the built-in temperature sensor.
- SmartThings app
- SmartThings Classic app
Connect the SmartThings Button
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select SmartThings and Remote/Button
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches:
- Pull the “Remove when Connecting” tab found in the sensor
- Scan the code on the back of the device
Requires a SmartThings Hub or compatible device with SmartThings Hub functionality.
How to connect the SmartThings Button in the SmartThings Classic app
In the SmartThings Classic mobile app:
- Tap My Home
- Under Things, tap Add a Thing at the bottom of your Things list
- The app will say Looking for devices…
- While the Hub searches, pull the "Remove when Connecting" tab found in the sensor
- When the device is discovered, it will be listed at the top of the screen
Reset the SmartThings Button
If the SmartThings Button didn't connect to the Hub when you removed the pull-tab, reset and connect the device manually. To do this:
- Hold the recessed connect button for five (5) seconds
- Release the button when the LED starts blinking red
- The LED will blink red and green while attempting to connect
- Use the SmartThings app and steps detailed above to reconnect your Button.
For more information about compatibility, detailed product information, and technical specifications, visit our Works With SmartThings page here.