Aeotec Nano Switches and Dimmers are Z-Wave appliance modules that can be used to control compatible in-wall lighting installations. When Aeotec says "Nano," they mean it. These small devices fit behind most light switches. Acting as repeaters for your Z-Wave network, these Aeotec devices also provide seamless home automation completely behind the scenes.
To connect the Aeotec Nano Switch and Aeotec Nano Dimmer in the SmartThings app
1. Install the Nano Switch or Dimmer
Follow the manufacturer’s instruction manual.
IMPORTANT: A licensed electrician with knowledge and understanding of electrical systems and electrical safety should complete the electrical installation inside the main circuit box (usually located outside of your house).
2. Connect the Nano Switch or Dimmer with your SmartThings Hub
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Aeotec and touch Switch/dimmer
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, press the "Action" button once
To exclude the Aeotec Nano Switch or Dimmer
If the Nano Switch or Dimmer was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings mobile app:
- From the Home screen, touch the menu (), and select Devices
- Touch the Hub and select More Options ()
- Touch Z-Wave utilities and select Z-Wave exclusion
- Press the "Action" button once
When the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the instructions above to connect the device.
To factory reset the Aeotec Nano Switch or Dimmer
If excluding the Nano Switch or Dimmer does not produce results, factory reset the device:
- Press and hold the Action Button for 20 seconds
- The green LED will glow for 2 seconds when the device has successfully been reset
|Nano Dimmer manual.pdf||1 MB|
|Nano Switch manual.pdf||2 MB|