This article will tell you how to enable the SmartThings ADT Skill for Amazon Alexa, which can be used to arm and disarm your ADT Security Hub with Alexa voice commands. To learn more about this Skill and what it can do for you, click here.
Note: If you're looking for instructions on how to control your SmartThings devices, Scenes, and Automations with Alexa voice commands, click here.
Enable the SmartThings ADT Skill for Amazon Alexa
1. Enable the SmartThings ADT Skill
In the Amazon Alexa app:
- Tap the menu (three horizontal lines in the top left)
- Tap Skills
- Tap the search bar, and enter SmartThings ADT
- Tap SmartThings ADT
- Tap Enable
- Enter your SmartThings email and password
- Tap Log in
- Choose your SmartThings Location in the From: menu
- Note: If you have the Alexa SmartThings Skill enabled for controlling your SmartThings devices, Scenes, and Automations, you must enable that same Location for the SmartThings Security Custom Skill.
- Tap Authorize
Note: You can limit the devices Alexa accesses later in the SmartThings app
- Once authorized, the following message appears: “Alexa has been successfully linked with SmartThings.”
- Tap x to close the window
2. Allow Alexa to control your ADT Security Hub
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Dashboard, tap on the three dots in the top right
- Tap Settings
- Tap Connected services
- Tap Amazon Alexa
- Toggle SmartThings ADT to ON
- Tap Setup / Reset PIN
- Enter your 4-digit PIN
- Note: This PIN can be the same as or different from the code you use for the ADT Security Hub Panel. They are not synchronized.
- Confirm your 4-digit PIN
- Tap Next
- Tap Next again
- Tap Done to confirm