Installing SmartThings Wifi provides you a mesh Wi-Fi network with extended range and allows you to connect and control SmartThings products and the many third-party partners that Work with SmartThings.
SmartThings Wifi comes with a built-in Plume® integration for an even smarter network. To learn more about Plume, click here.
You can add additional SmartThings Wifi "sub" Hubs extend your Wi-Fi, Zigbee, and Z-Wave networks To learn more about repeaters for smart home, check out SmartThings guide to wireless range and repeaters.
Note: The SmartThings app is preloaded on certain devices, and is available for download on Android and iOS phones and tablets.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, you can sign up for a Samsung account or sign in to an existing Samsung account.
Set up SmartThings Wifi
- On the mobile device, open the SmartThings app. Select the Plus (+) icon and touch Device
- Note: When you first open the app, a popup may appear prompting you to add your Wi-Fi Hub–just touch ADD NOW and skip steps 1 and 2.
- You may also select Scan after the step above to discover the Wi-Fi Hub, then select it when it appears under AVAILABLE DEVICES.
- Select SmartThings Wifi under the Wi-Fi/Hub category within Samsung.
- Touch Start
- Choose a Location for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- Connect the Wi-Fi Hub to your modem with an Ethernet cable, and then touch NEXT.
- Connect the power cable, and then touch NEXT.
- When the LED on the front flashes red and green, the Hub is ready to connect.
- Touch Next
- Wait for the phone to connect to your SamrtThings Wifi.
- View the End User License Agreement and select I Agree before touching Next to proceed.
- After the Wi-Fi Hub registers to your Samsung account, enter a network name and password, and then touch NEXT.
- Note: To connect supported Works With SmartThings devices to the Wi-Fi Hub, do not uncheck Set up SmartThings Hub.
- Wait a moment while your Wi-Fi network is created and the SmartThings Hub is set up.
- When the Wi-Fi Hub setup is complete, touch Done.
- Note: If you have another SmartThings Wifi, touch Add another Wi-Fi Hub and follow the in-app instructions to create a Wi-Fi mesh network.