Use the SmartThings app to manage the network name and/or password for SmartThings Wifi.
Note: The network setting cannot be changed during a firmware update and may be unavailable to change if the Hub is disconnected, offline, or there is an issue with the connected router's network.
- If the Hub is disconnected or offline, check the cable connections, and then verify that the modem is online and other devices can connect to the network via Ethernet. (It may be necessary to reset the Hub.)
- If the modem is offline or is experiencing network issues, reset it.
- If the SmartThings Wifi is plugged into a router, use the Plume app to put the SmartThings Wifi into Auto (Bridge) Mode.
- On the mobile device, open the SmartThings app. Select Menu () and then touch Devices.
- Select the Wi-Fi Hub device.
- Select More Options () and touch Network settings.
- Enter the new network name and/or password, and then touch DONE to save the changes.
After changing the Wi-Fi network name and/or password, any devices previously connected to the network will need to be reconnected using the new name and/or password.
To update the Wi-Fi settings of a connected Samsung IoT or LAN device:
- On the mobile device, open the SmartThings app. Select Menu () and touch the Settings gear icon
- Touch Update Wi-Fi information, and then select a device from the pop-up. The device must be powered on to apply the changes. (Only one device can be selected at a time).
Note: Only IoT and LAN devices will appear.