Note: This article is for previous generations of the SmartThings Outlet.
The SmartThings Outlet lets you control, automate, and monitor lamps, electronics, and small appliances from anywhere—it’s not laziness, it’s the future! All you have to do is plug the device into the Outlet. Trigger lamps to automatically turn on when you come home, turn off an accidentally left-on coffee pot from your smartphone, and transform any three-prong outlet into a smart, controllable device.
When plugged in, this Zigbee outlet also acts as a Zigbee repeater, extending the range of Zigbee devices on your network. There's no wiring or complicated setup needed.
How to connect the SmartThings Outlet in the SmartThings app
Note: In order to use the SmartThings app to control the SmartThings Outlet, a SmartThings Hub or compatible device that works as a SmartThings Hub is required.
In the SmartThings mobile app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select SmartThings, touch Outlet, and then Outlet (STS-MLT & Others)
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches, move the Outlet within 15 feet of the Hub and plug it in
How to reset the SmartThings Outlet
If the SmartThings Outlet didn't connect to the Hub when you plugged it in, reset and connect the device manually.
First, move the Outlet within 15 feet of the SmartThings Hub. Then, reset the Outlet:
- If your outlet is a round model:
- Hold the Outlet’s Connect button for 5 seconds
- Release the button when the LED starts blinking blue
- If your outlet is a square model:
- Remove the Outlet from the wall receptacle
- Press and hold the Outlet’s Connect button while plugging the device back into the wall
- As soon as the LED turns on, quickly release the button
|ST US Outlet 2.0 QSG.pdf||200 KB|