The SmartThings Smart Bulb can be used in any standard A19 light socket. Use the SmartThings app to dim the light or turn it on or off.
Connect the SmartThings Smart Bulb
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select SmartThings and touch Lighting
- Touch Start
- Choose a Hub for the device
- SmartThings Wifi and SmartThings Hub (2015 and earlier): Touch Continue
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- While the Hub searches:
- Install and power on the light bulb
- The light with blink twice when it is ready to connect
Reset the SmartThings Smart Bulb
If the SmartThings Smart Bulb didn't connect to the Hub when you installed and turned it on, reset the device and try connecting it again. To do this:
- Turn the light bulb on and off 6 times
Requires a SmartThings Hub or compatible device with SmartThings Hub functionality.