The SmartThings app will send a push notification if your Hub goes offline. Here are some reasons the Hub may be offline:
- Network connectivity issues
- Power outage
- Firmware updates
The troubleshooting steps might be different based on your Hub model. Here are helpful links to get you started:
- How do I reboot the SmartThings Hub?
- How do I reboot a SmartThings Wifi Hub?
- What do the LED colors on the Hub mean?
- Hardware test for SmartThings Wifi and Samsung Connect Home
- Is my Hub's firmware up to date?
- How do I change the Wi-Fi network that my SmartThings Hub is connected to?
- Get help with your ADT Home Security System
- How to turn NVIDIA SHIELD into a SmartThings Hub
The LED on the front of the Hub will indicate why it has disconnected. View our guide on LED colors here for more information.
When to contact support:
- The LED on the front of the Hub is red after rebooting the Hub
- The LED on the front of the Hub is green and is still Disconnected after restarting the SmartThings app
- The LED is dark after trying another power source
- The LED is blue after changing networks or rebooting the modem
Additional information on troubleshooting Hubs can be found here.