The SmartThings app makes it quick and easy to connect & control your SmartThings compatible Samsung Smart TV - all from your phone or tablet.
Not certain if your TV is compatible? Find out here!
How to connect a Samsung TV in the SmartThings app
1. Connect the Samsung TV to a local network
First, power ON the TV and connect the TV to your local network, if you haven’t already. The TV must be on the same network as the SmartThings Hub to connect with SmartThings.
Note: Performance may vary depending on your Wi-Fi network conditions. For optimal performance, connect your Samsung TV to the internet using an Ethernet cable.
2. Connect your Samsung TV to the SmartThings
To add a Samsung TV, open the SmartThings App and follow the steps below:
- From the Home screen, touch the Plus (+) icon and select Device
- Select Samsung, touch TV, and then TV again
- Touch Start
- Choose a Location for the device
- Choose a Room for the device and touch Next
- Turn on your TV using the TV's remote control
- Make sure your mobile device and the TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
Alternatively, you can add the TV to SmartThings by signing into your Samsung Account on the TV.
- Press the Home button on your TV remote
- Select Settings
- Navigate to System
- Select Samsung Account
- Sign into your Samsung Account
3. Complete setup
In the SmartThings mobile app, tap on Devices. Your TV should now show up under your list of devices.
This completes setup.
How to control and configure your TV from the SmartThings app
Go to Devices to view and control your connected TV at any time.
In the SmartThings app:
- From the Home screen, touch Menu (), and select Devices
- Select your TV
- To edit the device, tap the three dots in the top right
Depending on the year and model of your TV, you can control the following functions with SmartThings:
- Power on
- Power off
- Channel control
- Volume control (set value via slider, mute/unmute)
- Playback control
How to set up Screen Mirroring with the SmartThings app
Screen mirroring through the SmartThings app allows you to view content from your mobile device on your Samsung TV. To begin using Screen mirroring ensure you have added your Samsung TV in the SmartThings app.
- Open the SmartThings App
- Touch the TV you would like to mirror to
- Select the More Options in the top right
- Touch Mirror Screen (Smart View) to mirror your mobile device to the TV
- Touch View TV on Phone to mirror your TV onto your mobile device
For more information about Screen Mirroring, check out our TV FAQ here.