Scenes let you easily control different actions for multiple devices by tapping one button. Manually trigger Scenes with the tap of a finger or trigger your Scene automatically with an Automation.
You can control Scenes through an Automation or directly from the Favorites and Automation tabs.
Add your Scenes
Once a Scene is created, it can be run manually in the app as well as added to new or existing Automation.
To add new Scenes, follow these steps:
- From the Favorites or Automations tab, tap Add (+) and select Scene
- Enter a name for your Scene and whether to add it to the Favorites tab
- Optional: Select the Sun icon to change the Scene’s icon
- Select Control Devices to choose a device and action and tap Save
- Select Change this location's mode to choose a mode and tap Save
Edit your Scenes
You can edit the name, icon, or function of a Scene at any time to continue using it directly, in Automations, or via voice assistants.
To edit a scene, follow these steps:
- From the Favorites or Automations tab, choose the Scene you would like to edit
- Tap Minus (-) to remove an action or Add (+) to add actions
- Select Save
Remove your Scenes
If a Scene is not working as expected or is no longer needed, you may need to remove it from SmartThings.
To remove Scenes, follow these steps:
- From the Automations tab, select More Options (⋮) and tap Delete
- Select Minus (-) next to the desired Scene
- Select Delete to confirm