The Linear Garage Door Opener GD00Z-4 lets you remotely open and close almost any sectional garage door. With both audible and visual warnings that trigger prior to remotely activated door movement, the GD00Z-4 meets UL 325-2010 safety requirements. The GD00Z-4 also includes a wireless tilt sensor that attaches to the inside of the garage door and reports whether it is "open" or "closed." This Z-Wave garage door opener provides peace of mind, convenience, security, and safety.
Connect the GD00Z-4 with SmartThings to open or close your garage door from anywhere—perfect for allowing entry for a handyman, or for closing the door if you forgot to. You can also set up automations to open or close the garage door as you arrive and leave home. The GD00Z-4 will act as a Z-Wave repeater for other Z-Wave devices on your SmartThings network.
To connect the Linear Garage Door Opener (GD00Z-4):
1. Install the tilt sensor
The GD00Z-4 includes a wireless tilt sensor that attaches to the inside of the garage door. The tilt sensor reports “open” or “closed” status to SmartThings.
Consult the GD00Z-4 installation instructions, which can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this article, to install the tilt sensor.
2. Pair the GD00Z-4 with the SmartThings Hub
First, connect the GD00Z-4’s power cord and plug in the device within 10 feet of the SmartThings Hub.
그 다음, SmartThings 모바일 앱에서 다음을 수행합니다.
- Marketplace(스토어) 를 누릅니다.
- Under the Things view, tap Safety & Security
- Tap Garage Control
- Tap Linear
- Tap Linear Garage Door Opener
- 지금 연결을 누릅니다.
- 앱에서 Hub가 기기를 찾고 있는 것으로 나옵니다.
- While the Hub is searching, press and release the link button on the GD00Z-4
- 앱에서 Hub가 기기를 발견한 것을 확인시켜 주고 구성 단계를 안내합니다.
- 앱 내 지시에 따라 기기를 구성합니다.
- 끝났으면 Done(완료)을 누릅니다.
3. Mount and connect the garage door opener
Consult the GD00Z-4 installation instructions, which can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this article, to mount the GD00Z-4 and to connect its wires. If you need help installing the GD00Z-4, contact a certified electrician.
To reset the Linear Garage Door Opener (GD00Z-4):
If the GD00Z-4 was not discovered, you may need to reset, or “exclude,” the device before it can successfully connect with the SmartThings Hub. To do this in the SmartThings mobile app:
- Tap the menu
- Tap the Hub
- Z-Wave Utilities(Z-Wave 유틸리티)를 누릅니다.
- General Device Exclusion(일반 기기 제외)을 누릅니다.
- When you see the message "Please follow manufacturer's instructions to remove the Z-Wave device from My SmartThings," press and release the link button on the GD00Z-4
After the app indicates that the device was successfully removed from SmartThings, follow the first set of instructions above to connect the Linear Garage Door Opener.
To automate the Linear Garage Door Opener (GD00Z-4):
With the Linear Garage Door Opener (GD00Z-4) and a simple Routine, you can configure your garage door to open and close automatically based on activity, time of day, or other events.
SmartThings 모바일 앱에서 다음을 수행합니다.
- Tap Routines
- Tap the plus icon
- Tap “What do you want to do?” to name the Routine (e.g., “Automate Garage Door”)
- Next(다음)를 누릅니다.
- Tap Open or close garage doors
- Tap Garage doors
- Select the connected Linear Garage Door Opener (GD00Z-4)
- 완료를 누릅니다.
- Tap Action to tell the garage door to Open or Close when the Routine is triggered
- 완료를 누릅니다.
- Done(완료) 을 다시 누릅니다.
- Configure additional Routine settings as desired (e.g., Tap Automatically perform "Routine Name" to trigger your garage door to open or close when someone arrives, everyone leaves, at a specific time, at sunrise or sunset, only during certain Modes, etc.)
- Tap Done to complete setup
Depending on how you configured the Routine, the garage door will automatically open or close when certain events occur. You can also manually trigger the Routine by tapping its icon from the main Routines view.
If you have questions about connecting, resetting, or automating the GD00Z-4, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dimensions: 6.94” x 1.38” x 5.0” (controller), 1.69” x 0.88” x 1.19” (tilt sensor)
- Power: 120VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Garage door position sensor frequency: 345 MHz
- Certifications: FCC, ETL, UL 325
- Included accessories: power supply (120VAC / 60Hz to 12VDC), garage door tilt sensor, mounting bracket and hardware