Automations trigger actions based on a set of conditions such as specific times, days of the week, or when another device is activated (such as detecting motion).
To use your phone’s mobile presence in Automations, enable your phone's Location services using the steps here.
To view your Automations, tap Automations from the navigation bar.
Add an Automation
Automations in SmartThings work using an IF condition and THEN action. This means IF an indicated thing happens THEN control a device, Scene, Service, or Location setting.
To add an Automation, follow these steps:
- From the Favorites or Automations tab, tap Add (+) and select Automation
- Tap Add (+) next to IF
- Select and set the conditions that will trigger the Automation. If you selected multiple conditions:
- Tap All conditions for all conditions to be met before triggering the Automation
- Tap Any condition to require that only some conditions are met to trigger the Automation
Disable or Remove an Automation
You can temporarily disable Automations without deleting them by opening the Automations view and toggling ON or OFF the switch next to an Automation.
To remove an Automation, follow these steps:
- From the Automations tab, select More Options (⋮) and tap Delete
- Select Minus (-) next to the desired Automation
- Select Delete to confirm
Edit an Automation
To update an existing Automation to use a new device, Service, or Scene, edit the Automation with these steps:
- From the Automations tab, select the desired Automation
- Make the necessary changes to the Automation and tap Save